Because Life is a Daring Adventure.
Welcome to my adventure!
I'm Shelley. That's me in the photo, with one of my daughters. I'm a wife, mom, Christian, entrepreneur, business owner, writer, and lover of all things creative.
Some things about me you may find interesting (or not)
- I married my highschool sweetheart
- I had to buy the champagne on the honeymoon because he wasn't old enough
- I'm two years older than my husband
- We moved 10 times in 10 years
- My most embarrassing moment was when I passed out in a restaurant and had to be taken out by stretcher and ambulance
- I swoon
- I am an entrepreneur to the core...it's an illness really
- Due to the last point: a number of years ago my husband and I took an enormous leap of faith and took a huge risk and put everything (literally) we had into starting a business...we now employee around 45 people.
- I have 4 amazing kids who have had to put up with my entrepreneurial driven, adventure driven, idea driven ways
- I have moved my family into a not habitable house with no running water or heat (one of the steps we took out of necessity to pursue a dream, also one of the adventures I have put my kids through)
- I homeschooled for about 20 years
- I have been refined by fire, an actual for real house fire...God taught me tremendous lessons during those trials.
- I am a huge believer in planning
- As proof of my insanity, I own three Weimaraners
- I love living in the mountains
- I do not like mushrooms or sorting socks
Here at Because L.I.A.D.A. you will find a mix of a few things I am passionate about: Christian Life, a desire to help others be all they can be in Christ, Entrepreneurship and DIY Marketing, and anything Creative.
Where does the name Because L.I.A.D.A. come from? I'm glad you asked.
LIADA is an acronym and comes from a quote by Helen Keller “Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all”.
In the bible it says "I have come that they may have have life and have it more abundantly." John 10:10
I believe God wants us doing just that, living an abundant life, a life of purpose, a fulfilling life or even...a life of daring adventure. I'm on a mission to encourage women to do just that. Why? Because L.I.A.D.A!
I believe it is important to find out who you are as a child of the King, to discover the unique and awesome things which make you, you, and then to daily live out that awesomeness.
It is your story He is unfolding. What is He telling you? What is His purpose for your life? Are you willing to trust Him with the plan?
If you want to join the adventure and stay updated sign up here